Wednesday 22 May 2013

WHY PARTNERS ENGAGE IN EXTRA MARITAL AFFAIRS

Couples at loggerhead
-->
He/she is a cheat!
I can’t believe he/she could do such a thing!
I trusted him/her!
After all I have done to make her/him happy!
He/she promised not to break my heart!
On and on you go, weeping and ranting into the ears of all who care to listen. Yet you don’t care to know “why” he or she broke the promise.
Promises are meant to be fulfilled, but when the promise maker doesn’t fulfill it, he/she loses the trust that was built overtime within a split of second.
Whenever infidelity is mentioned in a relationship or marriage, people direct their fingers at the male folks, believing they are the perpetrators of such act, but I want to point out that women cheat likewise men.
I use to believe that men are “born” cheats and they should never be trusted. I had thought that only 10% of men are committed to one lady, but my orientation changed when I found out that there are faithful men except that the unfaithful ones are more in number.
But one wonders why do people cheat in their relationships and in marriages despite all the “I promise not to cheat on you”, “you mean the world to me” and so on and so forth sweet talks. There are still loopholes that question the genuinety of all such promises of “forever togetherness”
Although these promises are not lies, they are true and mean no harm, but when the promise maker gets to a dangerous crossroad, keeping the promise becomes a hard nut to crack.
Just as Willard. F. Harley, a psychologist puts it: “marriage is a complex relationship, perhaps the most intricate of them all. Unfortunately most of us don’t know what we are getting into when we say “I do”.
Relationships breakup and marriages fail when partners lack the skill and ability to fulfill each other’s need.
Have you ever wondered why two lovers who are strongly involved with one another, get married after courtship and all of a sudden begin to fall out of love, and before you know it, the woman is nagging, the man begins to look out and within few years, they are filling for divorce?
Take a time out to ask them what went wrong, the lady who was head over heels in love may sound this way:
“I found out he was cheating on me”
“I can’t believe this was the man I use to know”
“God! Was I blind?”
“He is such an animal”
Then the angry man says:
“She is a foolish woman”
“I never knew she was like that”
“She doesn’t even care about how I feel”
“I regret crossing her path”.
These two failed in their relationship/marriage not because they wanted to but because they couldn’t fulfill one another’s need. More often than not, being right or wrong for someone depends not on some mysterious compatibility quotient, but on how willing and able each partner meets the other’s needs.
According to a psychologist, there are five different basic needs of men and women in relationships/marriage:
EXPECT THE BASIC NEEDS IN NY NEXT EDITION AND PLEASE KINDLY SHARE AFTER READING. THANKS

No comments: