Tuesday 24 June 2014

A POEM: To the woman I love

I know you;
You know me
Yes! I know you know me
I am the poor bard of your heart
The lonely toony with caressing words
My joy is to preach your happiness
Deep in the jungle of my heart
My feelings boil uncontrollably
Like a glorious tempest
My desire is aflame
Burning like a heated fiery furnace
Only your touch can quench it


Happy days have married me
Sweetness is in the lips of the sherpherd
Shouting songs sung in Spain
Like a triumphant minstrel
The heart have exploded with joyful lyrics

To the woman I love
I know you know me
To the sparkling dazzling delights of the fireworks
I owe you a bucket of laughter
To kiss you with the lips of fortune
Plant dotted peck as you doze in peace
Oh! I beckon the moonlight to delight you with pleasing tunes
Touch your lips with mine
Feel the depth of my warmth
Heal this lonely heart with your love
I give you my all
To the woman I love
I know you;
You know me...

excerpt(s) from the Anthology of LOVE POEMS by Alexander Thandi Ubani
A piece of creative writing by
Alexander Thandi 
A Poet, Playwright, Writer and Thespian
©®Copyright 2014


No comments: